Careers At NCS
Senior Case Manager, NCS Residence, Manhattan
Reports To: Director, NCS Residence
The Senior Case Manager provides case management services. S/he identifies, supports, and advances program goals and maintains clear communications with all staff.
- Monitor intakes and promptly assign all new clients under the guidance of the Residence Director. Maintain a case load of approximately 25 clients. Develop a comprehensive intake assessment and treatment plan for clients on case load. Maintain client files
- Advocate for medical and financial benefits for clients on case load. Apply for rep payee for all clients, when appropriate.
- Make emergency referrals to appropriate services.
- Examine all client charts for proper paper charting, as specified by funding sources.
- Participate in case conferences, staff meetings, training sessions and meetings for NCS and the Residence.
- Provide the Residence Director with on-going updates regarding client/facility management. Enter all significant events in the daily log.
- Coordinate the data input of progress notes into AWARDS.
- Work cooperatively with staff at all levels to ensure quality service provision and the development and improvement of team performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Masterís Degree in the Social Work field and three or more years of experience working with the homeless, mentally ill and/or substance abusers, with at least one additional year at a supervisory level. Computer proficiency mandatory.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate ďSenior Case Manager" in the subject line of e-mail.
Development and Communications Department Internship, Administrative Offices, Manhattan
The Neighborhood Coalition for Shelter (NCS) is dedicated to providing housing and support that can transform lives. Together with its partners in the community, NCS's dedicated board, staff and volunteers demonstrate what neighbors can do to reduce, prevent and ultimately end homelessness.
NCS has a wonderful opportunity for a young man or woman to intern in their Development and Communications department. The intern will gain valuable nonprofit development and communications experience and will become well versed in using social networking and other on-line vehicles to expand a support base and raise awareness. This position is flexible, allowing you to work from home with scheduled in-office meetings. A minimum of 10-12 hours per week is suggested.
During this 3-6 month unpaid internship, you will help NCS connect and further engage donors and volunteers by marketing the NCS brand and message through online vehicles.
- Assist in the maintenance of NCSís on-line presence on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, and on our Website by securing and posting content.
- Create and format electronic newsletters; write stories and secure photos.
- Assist in creation of online marketing materials.
- Monitor social networking strategies in the nonprofit industry; report on trends and best practices.
- Monitor news sites, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for articles and postings connected to our work and suggest social media responses.
- Assist in creating and executing strategies to reach a younger population.
- Market special events through multiple media channels.
- Participate in maintenance of database so as to effectively communicate with various stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to learn about NCS programs that serve homeless and formerly homeless individuals.
- Ability to apply social networking skills in various media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn).
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel; Google and other online research.
- Experience with Raiserís Edge database (or similar fundraising software) a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail required.
- Ability to respond well to guidance and supervision, coupled with the ability to work independently.
How to Apply:
Interested parties should send their resume and a cover note to: Diane L. Rush, Director of Development and Communication email@example.com. No phone calls please.